Posted on March 20 2020
Time for some cheer in these challenging times!
These chocolate and raspberry cookies will put you in a good mood. Even better - this recipe supports two of our local producers - Aelan Chocolate and Venui Vanilla!
Just by making some cookies you can help Vanuatu business and thier growers get through these tricky times.
- 125 gram butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (165g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Venui vanilla extract
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (35g) self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup Aelan cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 90 grams Aelan dark chocolate cooking chunks
- 125 grams frozen raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease oven trays; line with baking paper.
2. Beat butter, sugar, egg and extract in a small bowl with an electric mixer until combined. Stir in sifted flours, cocoa and soda, in two batches; stir in Aelan chocolate and frozen raspberries.
3. Using damp hands, drop level tablespoons of mixture 5cm apart onto trays; flatten into 4cm rounds.
4. Bake cookies for 15 minutes or until a biscuit can be pushed gently without breaking. Stand cookies on trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
5. Try to forget about the world falling apart - even just for a few moments!