Posted on June 24 2019
Ingredients:For the sausages and onion gravy
1 pack of Hillside Chorizo sausages (CF00296)
2 brown onions, sliced (C00394)
1 tablespoon mixed herbs (A00932)
1 teaspoon Pams Hot English Mustard (1028345)
600ml Pams beef stock (1093045)
1 teaspoon Pams Iodised Salt drum (1028366)
1 teaspoon ground pepper (A00946)
2 tsp Eclipse unsalted butter, soften (C99989)
2 tsp Pams Pure Plain Flour (1028498)
1kg Brushed potatoes, peeled and chopped into equally sized cubes (C00357)
60g Eclipse Unsalted Butter (C99989)
120ml Moo Moo Fresh Milk (CF00909)
500g Frozen Peas (A03303)
1.Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan.
2. Put the sausages in a roasting tin and place in the preheated oven. Cook for 10 minutes then turn the sausages and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until they have a good color on the outside.
3. Add the sliced onions to the tin. Mix the dried herbs, mustard and stock together and pour over the sausages and onions. Return the tin to the oven for a further 20 minutes, or until the sausages are cooked through and the onion gravy thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. For the mash, boil the potatoes in a pan of boiling water until tender. Drain and mash.
5. Heat the butter and milk until the butter has melted. Add a pinch of salt and pepper then pour over the mashed potato and mix until smooth. Set aside until ready to serve.
6.Cook the peas in a saucepan of boiling water for 2–3 minutes, or steam them for 1–2 minutes. Drain thoroughly and set aside.
7. For the sausages and onion gravy, mix the softened butter and plain flour together to form a paste. Remove the sausages from the baking tray, set aside and cover to keep warm.
8. Pour the gravy tray into the flour & butter mixture and whisk until combined, Stir over medium-high heat for 2–3 minutes, or until the gravy has thickened slightly.
9. Add the sausages back to the gravy and warm through for 1–2 minutes.
Serve the sausages, mash and peas with the onion gravy spooned over.